AURA- BEHIND THE LENSE - “ Aura “ is believed to be derived from Sanskrit meaning spokes of a wheel . In simple words it means luminous radiations or energy field or electromagne...
PERAL / MOTI
The pearl is often called the "queen of the sea”. Pearls are unique among gemstones, being the only ones found within a living creature and the only ones that requires no fashioning, (cutting or polishing,) before use. Other names are Mukta, Sasi-ratna, Gem of the moon, Taraka, Falling star, Jiva-ratna, Gem of the intellect. Pearls are formed naturally by the oyster when a foreign object enters the shell and causes irritation to its soft tissue. The oyster forms a secretion around the object as a form of protection. The foreign object can be a number of different things including a grain of sand or a parasite. In time the coating builds up in iridescent layers. Pearls can be almost any shape, but round ones are generally more desirable.
The finest natural pearls are fished almost exclusively from the Persian Gulf and the China Sea, while the best cultivated ones come from Japan, Korea and more recently Australia.
Natural or real pearls come mainly from oysters, although there are other bi-valve mollusks from which can produce them. Cultured pearls are produced by artificially introducing a foreign object into the fleshy part of oysters, which become coated with nacre in a similar manner to natural pearls. Imitation pearls are also made in various ways.
PROPERTIES OF PEARL :
Planet : Moon
Cosmic Color : Orange
Sign : Cancer
Element : Water
Time : Evening
Day : Monday
Metal : Silver
1. Cracks on surface
2. Lines on the body of the Pearl.
3. Joint like appearance.
4. Mole of black color, the wearing of such Pearl gives very inauspicious results,
5. Without any luster
6. With spots,
7. One with dirt inside it,
GENUINE PEARL SHOULD HAVE :
• Moonlike, shining white color
• Perfectly round, globular shape and size
• Compactness, which gives it a high specific gravity
• Luster, soft glamour, attractiveness, and brilliance of reflection
• Smoothness, which gives an agreeable sensation to the eyes
• Spotlessness and freedom from blemishes (dents, scratches, ridges) and impurities
THE GEMSTONE PREVENTS FOLLOWING DISEASES :
• Throat troubles, asthma, bronchitis, varicose loins, nervous debility, cancer, typhoid.
• Colic pains, worms, intestinal disorders, tumors, peritonitis.
• Eye diseases, lunacy, paralysis, hysteria, epilepsy, cold, and cough.
RITUALS FOR WEARING PEARL :
The weight of the gemstone should not be less than 2 Ratti (240 mg).
Pearl should be studded in silver ring or pendant.
After washing with water and un boiled milk and chanting Mantra: "Om Som Somaye Namah Om" or "Om Chandraya Namah" in a temple of the Lord Shiva, it should be worn on the smallest finger of the right hand.
After that rice, sugar, wheat, cloth and money should be donated to a Brahmin.
Day for wearing: Monday
Time for wearing: The best time to wear a pearl ring is evening, or when the Moon is rising.